Mistakes you can’t afford to do while comparing results
A wise man once said “Fool me once - shame on you, Fool me twice - shame on me!”
When you are comparing the results of hair transplant at different places, try to find out the wider picture. Always check and ask twice, whether the results being advertised are solely with the surgery or there is a secret ingredient as well.
We all know about this magical ingredient – i.e Finasteride!
Finasteride has the power to give you a much softer looking lower hairline with a considerable increase in hair density throughout the scalp. But this is like a steep short cut which might lead to an accident in the future when the medicine stops working or the patient stops taking this medicine due to inadvertent side effects. What if your disease progresses at a rapid pace and you might require a second transplant? Here comes your second potential mistake if you overuse your donor and exhaust it completely during the first transplant only.
“Smart people learn from their mistakes, but the real sharp ones learn from the mistakes of others”
So whenever you are comparing results of hair transplant, ask these questions?
- Was the patient put on finasteride 1mg/day along with the transplant?
- What are the plans of the surgeon if the disease & baldness progress further?
- What is the state of the donor area after the surgery?
- Is your surgeon well versed in all the available surgical & non-surgical techniques of hair restoration?
- The final hairline as provided by your surgeon- will it be possible to sustain it in the long run.
- If in future, you require a repeat transplant, is there sufficient donor area left for it?
If the answer to any of the above questions is “no”, then it means you are at the wrong place!